Saturday, October 13, 2007

Getting Out of the House

We don't have many pics from this little endeavor, but since we have all been fairly cooped up for the past week and a half we decided to load up the family 4 x 4 with mom, dad, Alyssa, Jake and the dog and make our way to the local bastion of young, urban professionals...the Marymoor dog park.

With the dog whining in the back of the car, Alyssa singing along to Brad Paisley, Jake making noises similar to that of a squeaky wheel on a hot weel toy and Jen and I smiling at our all-american family in the front seat (2 kids, 1 dog, SUV, country music blaring, suburban home) we rolled down the freeway towards our little slice of heaven.

When we arrived I donned the baby bjorn for the first time since bringing Jake home. For those of you who may be wondering to yourselves, "What the heck is a baby bjorn?", or "Why does Chris have Mr. Borg's kid?", I can clarify for you. No, I do not have the former tennis star's child. What I do have is a harness that I can strap to my chest and support young Jake without having to carry or push him around in his car seat. I have to admit, I only had the bjorn on for about 45 minutes but in that short time I could feel it a bit in my lower back and it made me appreciate even more the strain of carrying a baby for nine months. Way to go ladies, I don't know how you do it...and even more so how you can do it with a smile.

No comments: