Sunday, October 7, 2007

My First Night at Home

Mom and dad got me home at around 3 PM and I decided to go easy on them and just slept quietly in my car seat. They seemed busy getting resettled after a few nights at the hospital and it looked like they were setting up my nursery to get ready for some action later tonight...and I can tell you right they should make sure the diaper bag is stocked.

We went downstairs once the house was organized we got comfortable on the couch to watch some football and recorded shows. I just kicked back and relaxed and tried to take in my new surroundings. We all fell asleep as a family on the couch, and after a quick nap downstairs decided to move upstairs to the bedroom. Dad brought up my play yard and was getting very frustrated trying to get it to set up. Mom says he is smart but I don't know...

At about midnight Dad has the play yard ready and I had a full tummy and was looking for a bed. I spent a couple of minutes hanging out on my parent's bed with them and then was put in the play yard with my teddy bear for a night's sleep. Mommy got up with me a couple times during the night to feed me and change my diaper and then daddy got up with me at around 5:45 to burp me and keep an eye on me for the rest of the morning. We were both happy that mom got to sleep for a few hours without any interruption. She deserves it!

Well, I will write more later this week. Right now I am tired and this blanket feels really comfortable. I wonder if mom is ready to feed me lunch...







No comments: