Thursday, October 4, 2007

Jacob Opens to a Full House

Even though the baby came 6 days early, it didn't mean that he was going to enter the world with just mommy and daddy. Our wonderful godmother, Jackie Wilburn, batted in the clean up spot by joining Jen in the operating room while they did all of the icky needle and prep stuff (I am a large, large baby when it comes to needles), but I came swooping in behind the curtain to offer Jen what support I could. Jackie acted as the documentarian as she took footage of stuff none of us will probably ever watch again, but we completely appreciated the effort. :)


The time between when they rolled Jen towards the OR to when she was getting rolled to our room was less than an hour. For me it seemed pretty painless but Jen made it all look easy when I know that it wasn't. Once we reached the room we had the full squad awaiting our arrival. For my side of the family this is our first grand-baby (we inherited the beautiful Alyssa at 3) so my side came out in force. For Jen's family this is the first grand-son so they also came out to offer their support.


In any case, I am having trouble finding the words right now due to excitement, fatigue and amazement so I will leave you with some more pics...















No comments: