Saturday, October 6, 2007

Oh What a Night...

I was tempted to try logging an entry in the middle of the night to see how truly delirious I was. However, the delirium was so great I wasn't able to grab the laptop and peck my way through an incoherent update.

At about 8:45 last night our final guests for the day departed and to Jen and me it felt like it was already 2 AM, which was an unfortunate feeling to have since our young Jake was interested in getting some milk that hadn't quite arrived for his consumption. From 9 PM until about 2:30 AM both Jen and I kept trying anything we could to get him to stop crying if even for a few moments. He fed on more colostrum, laid on Jen's chest, walked the room with me, had a binky in or a binky out, he was rocked, rolled and cradled. However, even with all of that, the combination of the lack of real food and some built up gas (and at one point hiccups) caused JR (as you can see I am trying all name variations) to consistently be uncomfortable and aching for a good cry.

Finally, at about 2:30 I crashed out while Jen pulled feeding and watching duty from 2:30 until 5. I awoke at 5 to find Jen rocking and feeding the little guy, after which I took over the watching duties and Jen was able to get some quality zzzz's while Jacob and I did some father son bonding. So, needless to say we are an exhausted bunch, but we survived the night and now Jake is happily sleeping in his bassonet while I write this note and Jen flips the channels on the tube.

No comments: