Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Little Guy Gets Clipped

Both Jen and I agreed that little Jakey needed to have a circumcision (or as it is listed and talked about here at the hospital...a "circ"). It is no secret that I am not much of a needle or blood guy but I wanted to show my support for the little guy since I was the one sending him under the knife and he had no say in the matter.

To do the quick clip they have to restrain his legs which was a little tough to see, but he was wrapped in a blanket and enjoying some sugar water through a bottle nipple so he wasn't even making a peep. When the doc came he quickly applied a local anesthetic and I stood off his shoulder as he trimmed Jake's peepee (man, why did I choose that word).

I am proud to report that Jake didn't make a peep (he probably has a sweet tooth like me and that sugar water distracted from the main event) and that he is recovering nicely back with mom and dad. He must have gotten his toughness from mom who, as I have stated many times before, has been the total trooper throughout this entire process.

Love you honey....and Jakey....and Lys!!!

No comments: